Our client is an established and rapidly growing commercial contracting company based in the Fraser Valley. The company completes new construction, tenant improvement and renovation projects to prominent restaurant and retail client throughout Western Canada. The Partners of the company take pride in offering a progressive and fun work environment for their staff. To meet the demands of project growth, our client seeks a Project Manager to join their team.
The Project Manager will join a cohesive team of experienced construction professionals. Initially the new manager will focus on tenant improvement construction projects for the company’s commercial clients. The Project Manager will contribute to company success by:
· Working with company Owners and the Estimator to set budgets, solicit tenders, maintain change orders, prepare financial reports and in other ways manage project finances to ensure that projected profit margins are maintained on all projects.
· Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships and ensuring client satisfaction;
· Producing, maintaining and communicating schedules and then ensuring sub-trades are adhering to schedule/delivery requirements;
· Maintaining a high level of safety and labour standards on the work site;
· Adhering to the organizational and corporate policies for project management, documentation;
· Maintaining regular communication with consultants, clients and other company personnel;
· Preparing & issuing all project purchase orders; and
· Ensuring that trade quality and final quality of projects is within required standards.
The ideal candidate for this job will be passionate about a career in construction and committed to providing top quality work and professional client service. Four or more years of years of Project Management experience on commercial tenant improvement and new construction projects is required as well as a thorough understanding of the BC Building Code Requirements. Hands-on experience working on commercial sites would be beneficial and post-secondary education in construction or a related discipline is preferred. Apprentice or journeymen training would be an asset.
All applicants must have superior communication (oral and written) as well as a current working knowledge of Microsoft Office other relevant computer software programs. Candidates must have exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a cohesive team. The person chosen for this job will also be extremely organized, able to adapt to change and proficient at prioritizing conflicting demands. To fit within the company culture, applicants must have a positive outlook and strong work ethic. A personal vehicle for travel to and from job sites is also required.
Individuals meeting the criteria above are encouraged to submit their resume, with cover letter to Jyoti Rai via firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up.